Marketing Secret #69 New Client/Customer Welcome Kit
You have to do this! It’s something no one else does, and it really adds that element of giving people more than they ask for or expect.
A New Client/Customer Kit would obviously be given to each new client/customer based on whatever criteria you use to accept them. I’ll tell you how to do it, as an example. Then, you can get the idea of how to do it for yourself.
When I get a new client in for my business, they first get a welcome letter. It basically says something like:
Dear Mr and Mrs Rutherford:
I would like to take a few minutes to welcome you as a new client of ABC Company. I hope that you will find all of our services and special events useful to you in building for your future home.
Our job at ABC Company is to provide you with the knowledge of all your options and to let you make the final decisions from an educated standpoint. We will always be providing you with the most objective and up-to-date information possible.
This information will come from a variety of sources, including current economic conditions, client education programs, and outside experts.
The attached list of special services describes in detail our lending library, Client Dinners, recommendation program, Client Appreciation Day, and Client of the Month program, to name a few.
We are very proud of our firm and of our unusual commitment to education and awareness.
Please call me anytime with any questions or comments.
Also, if you have any administrative questions, you can call our office manager. She will be glad to answer or direct your question to the right person.
Take care, and I look forward to helping you reach all of your goals!
The letter is a nice little touch. To the letter, we attach a copy of an explanation of all programs. People are surprised to see how much they get from our company.
But, that’s not all…no, that’s not all!
Two days later, our clients get a New Client Welcome Kit. It shows up in a big box, so they have no idea what it is. When the client opens it, they find a note telling them we just wanted to give them some nice things to use before our next meeting, and for the future.
The Kit contains:
- Free one year’s subscription to a magazine (Finance, Business or their favourite sports or hobby magazine). The client chooses one.
- An expandable organiser with thirty pockets labelled with all of the categories of records that someone might have to keep.
- A copy of a recent buyer’s book on financial or whatever.
- Copies of articles and other PR about us that the client saw in the notebook in our waiting room.
- Coupons for all kinds of freebies from local restaurants.
- A nice plant with a note saying how this plant is a symbol of the future growth you’ll be sharing with them.
- A list of things they need to do to get their financial “house” in order, with coupons for accounting, lending, legal services etc.
Have you or your competitors done all this to welcome a client/customer/patient? Is this contributing to the “Knockout Experience?
The cost of this whole package is about $50. Is it worth it to spend $50 to blow clients.
Yes, it is!
You would not believe the positive comments and recommendations this generates! I’ve had members tell me that they average three recommendations from each New Client/Customer/Patient Welcome Kit they send out!
Are you getting three unsolicited recommendations from each client/customer/patient you get now?
If not, think about this, and then do it!